PUMPKIN season is upon us, and while the winter squash has made appearances at Halloween and Thanksgiving for many years, demand for edible varieties has reached record levels. But a study warns of the dangers of picking a certain type of pumpkin – it could lead to food poisoning and hair loss.
Type 2 diabetes symptoms: The sign when you go to the toilet
French dermatologist Philippe Assouly described two unusual cases where women were poisoned by bitter-tasting pumpkins and experienced “toxic association of alopecia (hair loss) with a common plant”.
In the first case, a woman in France suffered nausea,…
Read full article