Catalan radio station Rac1 reported on Monday that the striker had been told by new Barca coach Ronald Koeman that he was not in his plans for next season.
Updated: Aug 25, 2020 17:02 IST
After six years sprinkled with goals that have brought Barcelona 13 trophies, Luis Suarez may be heading for an unceremonious exit from the Camp Nou.
The Uruguayan was Barca’s second-highest scorer last season behind captain Lionel Messi. But speculation about his future has grown since he was absent from a list of players Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu declared were not for sale as he promised big changes after the side’s seismic 2-8 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League.
Spain’s sports papers followed suit on Tuesday: “Adios Suarez” read the front cover of Barcelona-based Sport, while the 33-year-old also appeared on the front of the other three national sports dailies.
“Koeman doesn’t want them”, said Mundo Deportivo, picturing Suarez, midfielders Ivan Rakitic and Arturo Vidal and defender Samuel Umtiti. “The clear out begins”, said newspaper AS, while Marca showed Suarez walking out of a door below the headline ‘Clean up at Barca’.
Barcelona and Suarez’s representative did not wish to comment on the reports, although the Uruguayan made his discontent known in a Sunday interview with newspaper El Pais.
“People are talking about the names the president gave, of the changes that…
Read full article