PUBG was among the 118 Chinese apps that were banned in India earlier this month.
India is unlikely to revoke a ban on the mobile version of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) following PUBG Corp’s decision to withdraw the mobile game’s publishing rights in the country from China’s Tencent, a senior government official said on Friday.
PUBG Mobile, a popular online multiplayer battle game, was among 118 Chinese-origin apps banned by New Delhi earlier this month.
That led PUBG Corp, the unit of the South Korean firm behind the game, to announce it would no longer give Tencent Games the rights to publish the game in India. It also said it was exploring ways to provide gaming experiences to Indian users in future.
The new ownership structure is, however, unlikely to change things immediately, said the source, declining to be named as he was not authorised to speak to the media.
“The violent nature of the game has been the cause of many complaints from all quarters,”…
Read full article