Australian state of Victoria records 13 more deaths and 182 new cases; WHO hopes pandemic will finish in less than two years; Spain records 8,000 new cases. Follow latest updates
- Dozens of schools report infections in Berlin
- Nurses horrified by neglect of woman from Melbourne nursing home
- Papua New Guinea bans Chinese mine staff ‘given experimental vaccine’
- Tour de France: teams will be expelled if two members test positive
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Mexico has recorded 5,928 new cases of Covid-19 and 510 deaths.
It takes the country’s total confirmed cases of Covid-19 to 549,734 and 59,610 deaths.
Boeing says it is developing a “hand-held wand” that emits ultraviolet light to neutralise bacteria and viruses and can be used to clean airplanes. Via Reuters:
The wand would eliminate the need for using alcohol or other disinfectants that could damage sensitive electronic equipment, Rae Lutters, chief engineer for Boeing’s ecoDemonstrator program, told a media briefing.
Boeing is looking at licensing the technology and hiring third-party companies in the fall to begin manufacturing the wands for commercial use, it said.