Breaking News

Boeing signs first 737 Max deal since Ethiopian Airlines crash

Boeing signs first 737 Max deal since Ethiopian Airlines crash
Boeing signs first 737 Max deal since Ethiopian Airlines crash

Boeing has received its first order for the 737 Max after nine months of no operations, the planemaker announced in a public statement on Wednesday, August 19.

Even though Boeing is still awaiting re-certification to fly the aircraft again, Enter Air, Poland’s biggest charter carrier has so far placed an order for up to four of the planes.

Commenting on the development, Boeing’s vice president for sales, Ihssane Mounir, said that; “The order underscores (Enter Air’s) confidence in the airplane.”

According to the statement, Enter Air’s fleet currently includes 22 Next-Generation 737s and two 737 Max airplanes.

“If the purchase agreement is fully exercised, its 737 Max fleet will rise to 10 aircraft, including existing unfilled orders,” reads part of the statement.

In March 2019, the aircraft was grounded following two crashes that took the lives of 346 people, including a Rwandan victim.

“Following the rigorous checks that the 737 Max is undergoing, I am convinced it will be the best aircraft in the world for many years to come,” Enter Air Director, Grzegorz Polaniecki, said in a statement.

The companies have also agreed to a revised delivery schedule in response to the current slowdown in aviation.

The aviation industry is facing its worst crisis in history, with demand for air travel not expected to recover until at least 2024.

Airlines have cancelled hundreds of orders with Boeing, while European rival Airbus (EADSF) has reported a 40 per cent slump inactivity in its commercial aircraft business.

Culled from Newtimes

Source link