- Locked down Australians struggling to access Covid payments
- NSW premier warns case numbers will keep rising after state records 124 new infections
- Restrictions: NSW; Vic; Qld; SA; WA and NT; border restrictions
- Hotspots: NSW map; Vic list; Qld; WA
- Vaccine rollout tracker; get our free news app; get our morning email briefing
Australian shares have closed at a record high level today.
The benchmark S&P/ASX200 index closed higher by 77.7 points, or 1.06%, to 7386.4 on Thursday.
Barnaby Joyce has commented on the AOC president John Coates’s behaviour towards Queensland premier Annastacia Palaszczuk, saying it was “a bad look”.
Coates issued a statement earlier today saying it had been misinterpreted.